Operations Under Covid-19
This page provides a link to the operations plan for CSE under Covid-19 and the Division’s plans for reopening. The plan applies specifically to the Bob and Betty Beyster Building and the operations CSE conducts in the facility, with an emphasis on daily access, usage, staffing, and other operations.
Please check back to this page regularly for updates. Changes to the plan are possible because of the changing circumstances surrounding the spread of the virus.
Link to reopening plan
Following are a few highlights from the plan regarding access to the building. For full information about working in the building, please see the full plan.
Building access information
You must make a health attestation before coming to campus and entering the building
- All members of the university community must make a daily health attestation prior to entering the building. To do so, use the ResponsiBLUE Screening Check found at https://responsiblue.umich.edu/.
- Guests and vendors must use the guest version whenever coming to campus at: guest.responsiblue.umich.edu.
Building entrance requirements and procedure for entry
- As described above, a daily health attestation must be made before entering the building.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth are required at all times inside the building.
- It will be necessary to perform a card swipe to enter the building. Each individual is required to swipe in, no tailgating is allowed.
Info for students and others visiting the building
- A tablet-based information kiosk will be located outside of room 3832, just inside the Hayward Street entrance doors.
- Visitors will be able to connect with staff via the kiosk between the hours of 10AM–12PM and 1:00–3:00PM, M-F. Those who staff this kiosk will be able to answer general questions or point to resources.
- The advising office is operating remotely during Covid-19 operations.
- Most advising appointments are conducted virtually via Google Meet and are scheduled through the same online scheduler that is familiar to students, available on the advising page.
- Limited in-person advising appointments are available. To reserve an appointment visit the advising page.
Graduate programs office
- The Graduate Programs Office is operating remotely during Covid-19 operations. For assistance, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All visitors must be registered in the visitor registration system. See Karen Liska (email@example.com) with questions regarding visitors.
- Short term visitors (less than two weeks) that aren’t in the visitor system must be accompanied by their host. The host must administer the health screening attestation (https://healthscreen.umich.edu/) to their visitor(s) before entering the building. The host will need to administer the questions to the visitor as it is assumed that they will not have access to the online version of the attestation.