Operations Under Covid-19
This page provides information about operations for CSE under Covid-19. It applies specifically to the Bob and Betty Beyster Building and the operations CSE conducts in the facility, with an emphasis on daily access, usage, staffing, and other operations.
The U-M Campus Maize and Blueprint website provides the latest information on University policy under Covid.
Please see the additional notes below and check back to this page regularly for updates. Changes are possible because of the changing circumstances surrounding the spread of the virus.
Building access information
- As of August 11, face coverings must be worn in the building per University policy.
- All members of the university community must make a daily health attestation prior to entering the building. To do so, use the ResponsiBLUE Screening Check found at https://responsiblue.umich.edu/.
- Guests and vendors must use the guest version whenever coming to campus at guest.responsiblue.umich.edu.
- Beginning Aug. 23, the Beyster Building, like other College of Engineering buildings, will be unlocked from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, with access until midnight to all members of the University community with valid U-M MCards. From midnight to 7 a.m. and 24 hrs per day on Saturdays and Sundays, access is restricted to College of Engineering faculty, staff, and students with valid MCards.
- The undergraduate advising office is operating in a hybrid in-person/remote capacity.
- Most advising appointments are conducted virtually via Google Meet and are scheduled through the same online scheduler that is familiar to students, available on the advising page.
- Limited in-person advising appointments are available. To reserve an appointment visit the advising page.
Graduate programs office
- The Graduate Programs Office is operating in a hybrid in-person/remote capacity. For assistance, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All visitors must be registered in the visitor registration system. See Karen Liska (email@example.com) with questions regarding visitors.
- Short term visitors (less than two weeks) who aren’t in the visitor system must be accompanied by their host. The host must administer the health screening attestation (https://healthscreen.umich.edu/) to their visitor(s) before entering the building. The host will need to administer the questions to the visitor as it is assumed that they will not have access to the online version of the attestation.