Graduate advising appointments
Action items for current students
Online scheduler info
You will be required to log in using your U-M uniqname and kerberos password. Once logged in, choose a reason for your appointment, advisor preference if you have one, and then select a time frame in which you would like to meet with an advisor. Click the “List Appointments” button and a list of all available appointments matching your criteria will be returned.
Please note: If you do not see any advising appointments, additional appointments will likely be added in the near future. In addition, you can attend drop-in advising, no appointment necessary (see details below).
Most GPO advising appointments are currently being held in a remote format. If you would like an in person appointment, they are available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help scheduling.
Staff advisors handle the majority of advising needs for graduate students, such as course planning, releases/degree audits, facilitating forms/exceptions/requests, and understanding academic policies.
- PhD Students: Jasmin Stubblefield
- Terminal Master’s Students: Amanda Feaganes
- SUGS Students: Tiffany Smith
Faculty advisors are best equipped to handle additional advising questions related to industry knowledge, course content, research, graduate school and/or career advice for all CSE graduate students. They are a great resource for questions that are best answered by someone with direct knowledge in the CS fields.
Please check with your assigned faculty advisor directly whether they have fixed advising hours or you need to make an advising appointment. Please note that, especially during the busy first and last couple of weeks of a term, you may not hear back from your faculty advisor immediately.
Master’s Faculty Advisors:
- Sugih Jamin – SUGS Advisor
- Mosharaf Chowdhury
- Jonathan Beaumont
- Laura Burdick
After making an appointment
- For Master’s/SUGS Students: Please have a copy of your Plan of Study ready to share before the start of your appointment.
- At the time of your appointment, please click the Zoom link to join a waiting room to speak with your advisor. Your advisor will admit you when they are ready (please stay connected until they arrive). They may be finishing up their prior appointment, and will connect with you as soon as possible.
- Please attempt to join the chat in a quiet location. If you are unable to use video during your appointment, the Zoom link can be used with voice only.