What you need to register
- UM uniqname and Kerberos password
- Help is available online. For instructions on registering online and using Wolverine Access, simply click on the Help button on the main menu or in the lower-right corner of the display.
- To print your information, click on the main panel (the main text section on the right side of the screen) first before you select File, Print Frame or click the Print button. If you do not click in the main panel, the system may print the header (at the top of the screen) or menu list (at the left side of the screen) instead.
- Be patient! Wolverine Access fronts a large database, and processing information may occasionally take longer than you expect.
- Always print out a copy of your schedule each time you use Wolverine Access to add, drop or modify your schedule.
Deadlines and other important links
What is a class number?
A class number is a unique identifying number that is assigned to each class and is specific to each term. Class numbers are usually five digits. Class numbers and information on using class numbers are available from the Registrar’s printed or online Time Schedule or from Wolverine Access.
How do I register for classes that require more than one component, such as a lecture and discussion, that must be taken together?
If a class has multiple required components, such as a lecture and discussion, the components will be linked in the system. When you add the primary component (designated with a “P” in the Time Schedule), the system will prompt you to select the secondary component (designated with an “S”) before it enrolls you in the class. It does not allow you to enroll in one component without enrolling in the other component.
How do I find out if a class is open?
To find out if a class is open or closed, select Registration, Search for Classes from the menu. Type the class number in the Class number field, and click Search. The system displays the Class Details panel, which shows the number of open seats. If the number of seats open is zero (0), the class is closed.
How do I waitlist a class?
If a class has a waitlist available, the Waitlist Okay option will appear as a checkbox on the Class Options dialog box. This dialog box is one of four dialog boxes that appears when you drop, add or swap a class in Wolverine Access.
Can I register for two classes offered at the same time?
Yes. You can register for two classes offered at the same time by checking the Time Conflict Okay checkbox on the Class Options dialog box. The Class Options dialog box is one of four dialog boxes that appears when you drop, add or swap a class in Wolverine Access.
How do I register for a class that requires special permission or consent?
If a class requires consent, you need to go to the department to request permission. The department enters a permission number into the system that allows you to enroll in the class. Once the permission number has been entered, you may add the class just as you would any other class.
How do I take a class as pass/fail?
If a class has an optional grading basis, like pass/fail, the Optional Grading Basis option will appear as a list box on the Class Options dialog box. This dialog box is one of four dialog boxes that appears when you drop, add or swap a class in Wolverine Access.