Graduate Advising Appointments
Action Items for Current Students
Online scheduler info
You will be required to log in using your U-M uniqname and kerberos password. Once logged in, choose a reason for your appointment, advisor preference if you have one, and then select a time frame in which you would like to meet with an advisor. Click the “List Appointments” button and a list of all available appointments matching your criteria will be returned.
Please note: If you do not see any advising appointments, additional appointments will likely be added in the near future. In addition, you can attend drop-in advising, no appointment necessary (see details below).
Most GPO advising appointments are currently being held in a remote format. If you would like an in person appointment, they are available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help scheduling.
Staff advisors handle the majority of advising needs for graduate students, such as course planning, releases/degree audits, facilitating forms/exceptions/requests, and understanding academic policies.
- PhD Students: Jasmin Stubblefield
- Master’s/SUGS students: Kayleigh Merz
Faculty advisors are best equipped to handle additional advising questions related to industry knowledge, course content, research, graduate school and/or career advice for all CSE graduate students. They are a great resource for questions that are best answered by someone with direct knowledge in the CS fields.
*Master’s Faculty Advisors:
- Sugih Jamin – SUGS Advisor
- Mahdi Cheraghchi
- Jonathan Beaumont
- Laura Burdick
- Ryan Huang
After making an appointment
- For Master’s/SUGS Students: Please have a copy of your Plan of Study ready to share before the start of your appointment.
- At the time of your appointment, please click the Zoom link to join a waiting room to speak with your advisor. Your advisor will admit you when they are ready (please stay connected until they arrive). They may be finishing up their prior appointment, and will connect with you as soon as possible.
- Please attempt to join the chat in a quiet location. If you are unable to use video during your appointment, the Zoom link can be used with voice only.
Staff advisors will offer in person and virtual drop-in advising for CSE students with quick questions. You may wish to discuss short-term course planning, program advising, or grading options, etc.
- Master’s and SUGS Advising or Inquiries: Tuesdays, 10 am – 12 pm
- PhD Advising or General Inquiries: Wednesdays, 1-3 pm
- Master’s and SUGS Advising or Inquiries: Thursdays, 1-2 pm
Any detailed conversation you anticipate will require more than 5 minutes should be directed to an individual advising appointment through our online scheduler above instead. We encourage you to reflect on the nature of your question and use your best judgment to determine which appointment resources would be the best fit for you so we can accommodate all students appropriately.