Info & Advising for Current Undergraduate Students
Operations during COVID-19
Beginning Monday, March 16th, we will be conducting all CSE advising appointments remotely for the remainder of the WN20 semester. During this time, the CSE Advising Office will not be open to in-person traffic.
Please continue to use the online scheduler to book advising appointments. Once you schedule an appointment, a Google Calendar invite with a Google Meet link will be sent to you the morning of your appointment. At the time of your appointment, you may click the link to meet with your advisor via video chat.
Besides appointments, you can seek assistance in a few ways:
- Email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. This is typically in one business day, but may be several days during peak times.
- If you have forms for processing or signature, you can send them via email, and they will be returned to you via email when completed.
For University-wide updates on the current public health situation, please refer to the University of Michigan Announcement page.
After making an appointment:
- By the morning of your scheduled appointment, you and your advisor will be sent a Google Calendar invitation that matches your scheduled appointment day and time. This Google Calendar invitation contains a Google Meet link.
- Please have a copy of your unofficial audit and unofficial transcript open on your computer before the start of your appointment. These can be generated on Wolverine Access.
- At the time of your appointment, please click the Google Meet link to join a video chat with your advisor. If your advisor has not yet joined the chat, please stay connected until they arrive. They may be finishing up their prior appointment, and will connect with you as soon as possible.
- Please attempt to join the chat in a quiet location. If you are unable to use video during your chat, the Google Meet link can be used with voice only.
Undergraduate Advising Office
2808 Beyster Building
Phone: (734) 763-6563
Want to schedule an advising appointment with an EECS advisor?
You will be required to log in using your U-M uniqname and kerberos password. Once logged in, choose a reason for your appointment, advisor preference if you have one, and then select a time frame in which you would like to meet with an advisor. Click the “List Appointments” button and a list of all available appointments matching your criteria will be returned. If you don’t get any results, try expanding your search criteria. If you have questions or need assistance, feel free to call either office location (see contact info above).
Need to request a letter, or request permission to take a course?
- To request permission into EECS 280 without the enforced prerequisite, click here
- To request permission for a CSE course as a non-CSE graduate student, click here
- To request permission for a CSE course, click here
- To request a letter as a CS-Eng, CS-LSA, or DS-Eng student, click here
Computer Science – College of Engineering (CS-Eng)
- Brian Noble – CS-Eng. Chief Program Advisor
- Satinder Singh Baveja
- David Chesney
- Mosharaf Chowdhury
- Emily Graetz
- Manos Kapritsos
- John Kloosterman
- David Paoletti
- Jeff Ringenberg
- Elliot Soloway
- Ilya Volkovich
Computer Science – College of LSA (CS-LSA and CS Minor)
- Bill Arthur – CS-LSA Chief Program Advisor
- Marcus Darden
- Andrew DeOrio
- Kimberly Khalsa Diaz
- James Juett
- Amir Kamil
- Sindhu Kutty
- Austin Yarger
Computer Engineering (CE)
Data Science – College of Engineering (DS-Eng)
|CSE Division Advising Coordinator||Chris Firlik|
2818 Beyster Bldg
|CSE Undergraduate Program Advisor||Laura Trombley|
2818 Beyster Bldg
|CSE Undergraduate Advising Office Assistant||Emily Cole|
2808 Beyster Bldg