The CSE advising office is located in 2808 Beyster Building. The office is open Monday through Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm, closed from 12:00-1:00 pm. Advising appointments are being conducted virtually via Google Meet and in-person and are scheduled through the online scheduler linked in the button below.
Do you have feedback for the UAO? Feel free to fill out our anonymous survey here.
Online scheduler info
You will be required to log in using your U-M uniqname and kerberos password. Once logged in, choose a reason for your appointment, advisor preference if you have one, and then select a time frame in which you would like to meet with an advisor. Click the “List Appointments” button and a list of all available appointments matching your criteria will be returned. If you don’t get any results, try expanding your search criteria. If you have questions or need assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
After making an appointment
- A Google Calendar invite with a Google Meet link will be sent to you the morning of your appointment. At the time of your appointment, you may click the link to meet with your advisor via video chat.
- Please have a copy of your unofficial audit and unofficial transcript open on your computer before the start of your appointment. These can be generated on Wolverine Access.
- At the time of your appointment, please click the Google Meet link to join a video chat with your advisor. If your advisor has not yet joined the chat, please stay connected until they arrive. They may be finishing up their prior appointment, and will connect with you as soon as possible.
- Please attempt to join the chat in a quiet location. If you are unable to use video during your chat, the Google Meet link can be used with voice only.
We also offer virtual walk-in advising options, at certain days and times, for computer science students with quick questions. You may wish to discuss short-term course planning, program advising, grading options, or career planning, etc.
Any detailed conversation you anticipate will require more than 5 minutes (i.e. declarations or long-term course planning) should be directed to an individual advising appointment through our online scheduler above instead. We encourage you to reflect on the nature of your question and use your best judgement to determine which appointment resources would be the best fit for you so we can accommodate all students appropriately.
Letter and course permission requests
- To request permission into EECS 280 without the enforced prerequisite, click here
- To request permission for a CSE course as a non-CSE graduate student, click here
- To request permission for a CSE course, click here
- To request a letter as a CS-Eng, CS-LSA, or DS-Eng student, click here
Contact for other questions
- Email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. This may be several days during peak times.
- If you have forms for processing or signature, you can send them via email, and they will be returned to you via email when completed.
For University-wide updates on the current public health situation, please refer to the University of Michigan Announcement page.
Faculty chief program advisors
- Computer Science (College of Engineering): Jeff Ringenberg
- Computer Science (College of LSA) and CS Minor: Bill Arthur
- Computer Engineering: Mark Brehob
- Data Science (College of Engineering): John Kloosterman
CSE advising staff
Undergraduate Academic Advisor – Taylor Bruns
Undergraduate Academic Advisor – Shelby Eddy
Undergraduate Academic Advisor – Li Harper
Undergraduate Advising Office Assistant – Yili Lin
Undergraduate Academic Advisor – Obi Unaeze
Student Administration Manager- Julie Tashjian