We are currently conducting all CSE advising appointments remotely. The CSE Advising Office will not be open to in-person traffic until further notice.
Online scheduler info
You will be required to log in using your U-M uniqname and kerberos password. Once logged in, choose a reason for your appointment, advisor preference if you have one, and then select a time frame in which you would like to meet with an advisor. Click the “List Appointments” button and a list of all available appointments matching your criteria will be returned. If you don’t get any results, try expanding your search criteria. If you have questions or need assistance, please email us at email@example.com..
After making an appointment
- A Google Calendar invite with a Google Meet link will be sent to you the morning of your appointment. At the time of your appointment, you may click the link to meet with your advisor via video chat.
- Please have a copy of your unofficial audit and unofficial transcript open on your computer before the start of your appointment. These can be generated on Wolverine Access.
- At the time of your appointment, please click the Google Meet link to join a video chat with your advisor. If your advisor has not yet joined the chat, please stay connected until they arrive. They may be finishing up their prior appointment, and will connect with you as soon as possible.
- Please attempt to join the chat in a quiet location. If you are unable to use video during your chat, the Google Meet link can be used with voice only.
Letter and course permission requests
- To request permission into EECS 280 without the enforced prerequisite, click here
- To request permission for a CSE course as a non-CSE graduate student, click here
- To request permission for a CSE course, click here
- To request a letter as a CS-Eng, CS-LSA, or DS-Eng student, click here
Contact for other questions
- Email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. This may be several days during peak times.
- If you have forms for processing or signature, you can send them via email, and they will be returned to you via email when completed.
For University-wide updates on the current public health situation, please refer to the University of Michigan Announcement page.
Faculty chief program advisors
- Computer Science (College of Engineering): Brian Noble
- Computer Science (College of LSA) and CS Minor: Bill Arthur
- Computer Engineering: Mark Brehob
- Data Science (College of Engineering): Atul Prakash
CSE advising staff
Division Advising Coordinator – Chris Firlik
Undergraduate Academic Advisor – Taylor Bruns
Undergraduate Academic Advisor – Shelby Eddy
Undergraduate Academic Advisor – Laura Trombley
Undergraduate Advising Office Assistant – Emily Cole
Undergraduate Advising Office Assistant – Yili Lin